Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Attention: The Community will be in read-only mode on 12/14/2017 from 12:00 am pacific to 11:30 am.

During this time you will only be able to see content. Other interactions such as posting, replying to questions, or marking content as helpful will be disabled for few hours.

We apologize for the inconvenience while we perform important updates to the Community.

Feature set for T1??

I've got an old 2503 router with onboard serial port that I am currently running a 128K Frame circuit on. We need to upgrade to T1 and my ISP is telling me I have to increase the timeslots to support T1. Problem is I do not have a 'timeslots' command anywhere in my IOS. I am running the following software....

c2500-i-l.120-28a.bin (IP feature set). Is a different feature set required for T1 support. If so, which feature set?

4 REPLIES
Purple

Re: Feature set for T1??

Hi,

You will have to increase the number of timeslots on your CSU/DSU, not your router. The serial port will get its clocking from the attached CSU/DSU or NTU.

Hope that helps - pls rate the post if it does.

Paresh

Silver

If I can remember correctly, the serial interfaces on the 2500 can do a maximum of 128k. If so, you will need to also change the router to upgrade to T1

Purple

Hi,

The EIA/TIA-449 and V.35 serial interfaces on the 2500s support data rates up to 2.048 Mbps.

Hope that helps,

Paresh

Excellent, I thought that was the case. I'm not sure where the PM at my ISP is getting this from. I suspect he's talking to an engineer who is unaware that we have external CSU/DSU. Thanks very much for this.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content