Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

FIFO or WFQ ?

Hi, can you please confirm whether the answer below is correct:

"Which traffic queueing method gives a low-volume traffic stream preferential service ?"

a)FIFO

b)Weighted fair

For me, answer b) is right. However, from reading cisco.com that is not totally clear to me. Can you please confirm ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: FIFO or WFQ ?

Hi Friend,

The answer is B.

Weighted Fair Queuing". A flow-based queuing algorithm used in Quality of Service (QoS) network applications that schedules low-volume traffic first, while letting high-volume traffic share the remaining bandwidth. This is handled by assigning a weight to each flow, where lower weights are the first to be serviced.

HTH, Please rate if it does.

-amit singh

3 REPLIES

here weighted fair queue is going to take care of the small bytes of packet... i mean to say is it will take care of the same number bytes from each and every queue...

let say you have two queue one is having packet of 200 bytes and other is having 100 bytes then WFQ will take one packet from first queue of 200 bytes and it will take two packets of the 100 bytes from second queue so total bytes serving for the both the queue is same...

regards

Devang

Ok, but then is WFQ the correct answer for this then ?

Hi Friend,

The answer is B.

Weighted Fair Queuing". A flow-based queuing algorithm used in Quality of Service (QoS) network applications that schedules low-volume traffic first, while letting high-volume traffic share the remaining bandwidth. This is handled by assigning a weight to each flow, where lower weights are the first to be serviced.

HTH, Please rate if it does.

-amit singh

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content