Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

File System Flash0: is unavailable

I just got a 2951 router the other day that came with a 4GB flash card.  I can copy to and from the card, but I can't seem to set the system to boot from it.  Everytime I issue the command "boot config flash0:/startup-config" in the from the global configuration prompt I get a response that says "File System Flash0: is unavailable.  I formated the card and tried again and got the same response.  I spent most of the day yesterday googling for anything, but can't seem to find any documentation on that response.  Has anyone else seen this before?

Everyone's tags (3)
2 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Thomas

Did you format the card on a PC or on the router? You tell us that you could copy to and from the card - is this on the router that you are doing the copy?

HTH

Rick

Cisco Employee

Hi,

I am sure you must have tried configuring command by keeping startup-config file at root dir.  Adding reply just to notify possibility.

"boot config flash:startup-config'

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_2/configfun/command/reference/frf007.html#wp1027545

-Subhash

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content