cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

finding Natted ip

saravanababu22
Level 1
Level 1

i need to find the ip address of the pc from which mails are being sent to my mail id. for testing purpose i have sent mail to my own id.

By seeing full headers of my recieved mail, I have the access to my router, by using show ip nat tranlsations, i am able to see some public ip,with ports, but not clear. how to find the exact private ip from which the mail has been sent,there is no pix or IDS in our network, i need to find the ip within our network.

2 Replies 2

arvindchari
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Babu

AFAIK, end-to-end traceability is not possible when you use dynamic (overload) NAT as the preferred mode of access because NAT port mappings are dynamic and torn down once the objective of connectivity is fulfilled. If you are using a static NAT, just look at the router configuration to see which IP is mapped to the public ip from which the mail was sent.

HTH

Please rate posts that help

Regards

Arvind

yeah,

i found that public ip wich is getting natted, since it has been overloaded,i am able to see a number of ip's getting natted to single public ip, so any other alternative solutions...

regards

babu

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card