Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Firewall for Cisco 1751

Hi,

i thought i will safe gaurd my network thru cisco 1751 router,so how do i protect my network, mine is internet router 1751, so what all do i need for protecting my network by sending unnecessary traffic in & out on the Router & so on?

2 REPLIES

Re: Firewall for Cisco 1751

You can either use a dedicated firewall like PIX or ASA behind the router and put access-list and IOS firewall features like CBAC on the edge (1751) router. If you dont want to spend money on a new firewall you can still put ACLs and CBAC on the edge router.

Additional steps to harden a router may be exercised using the guidelines specified in SAFE blueprint.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/netsol/ns340/ns394/ns171/ns75/networking_solutions_white_paper09186a008009c8b6.shtml

HTH

PS: Please remember to rate replies!

Gold

Re: Firewall for Cisco 1751

i agree with everything the previous poster stated. but you have other alternatives, too. non-cisco ones. if you dont have the money for a pix, you can build a firewall based on an open source OS (i personally prefer openbsd for this). www.openbsd.org

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content