cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Firmware Update RV320

PantheraOnca
Level 1
Level 1

During update of my RV320 from Firmware - Version 1.0.1.17 to 1.1.0.9, I get the message "critical failure. contact support".

Need help as I do not know how to go on. Shall I reboot the router or do I get more problems then ?

Can I go back to my (backed up) oder firmware ?

2 Replies 2

Pandabrain
Level 1
Level 1

I had the exact same problem.

Here is what I experienced:

As i got the message (in the background of the website) the foreground still told me "upgrading firmware". Since the DIAG LED was blinking (indicates that firmware update is in progress) i thought it's still upgrading but after 10 minutes i tried to reload the page. (WAN connections worked while this was happening) After the restart, the router behaved like nothing ever happened. I restarted the device to get the DIAG LED to stop blinking. On the download website for the firmware also was the version 1.0.2.03 available. So i thought i might need to upgrade to this version first and to 1.1.0.9 afterwards.

I don't know if a second attempt with a direct upgrade to 1.1.0.9 would have worked, but done as i said it worked.

I hope this helps someone.

hi,

thanks a lot for your reply. I finally called cisco small business support and they told me to restart the router and upload firmware upgrade again. As I did so, it all worked, I just was unsure what to do so I took the safe way to call the support in case a reboote might fail and leave my router without funktion.

Regards

Volker

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco