Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

fiso configuration

I am new to cisco products. I have a 851 and I am looking to configure it for verizon fios. The fios service is a pppoe. If anyone could help configure the router from wan to lan that would be great.

Thanks

Adam Cohen

7 REPLIES

Re: fiso configuration

Hi adambcohen,

Would you explain how this service of your ISP works ? It is a ADSL connection ? Your router has a ATM interface ?

Fios is a pppoe just like dsl. What is a atm infterface?

Thanks

Adam

Anyway.. Can you do post your show ip interface brief , and your show diag ? Whith this I can see the modules and interfaces of your router.

Of course, you will need 3 things to make your connection work.

A physical and logical wan connection working, include your wan ip address.

A LAN valid pool, that will be used for the workstations of your lan segment.

A default route, that will route packets with unknow destinations to the router of your ISP.

A DNS server, see with that can be provided by your ISP.

Sorry for the bad english. At least I am trying to help.

There is a sample of router configuration in attachments.

Thank you so much. As far as the above I can do. On 1/30/07 verizon is comming to install the fios and I will have all that information. After that point how should I contact you so you can see everything. Also, here in Richmond, Va verizon installs a action tech router. So that should have all my info. How would you like me to proceed from here? I would like to make this as easy as possible.

Adam

I have not heard back from you on the last reply. I am curious if I can contact you after verizon comes. I would greatly appreciate the help. Let me know if you are interested.

Adam

Sorry for late. I've been out for few days with no access to internet. You can contact me through e-mail. If you click in my name at the forum page you can see it. Anyway.. send me a mail to alessandro.veras@gmail.com if you need any help. Ps: If you don't have more questions now, rate the replies end finish this topic. Best Regards,

Do I have to reset the router to its factory default? My cousin set it up so I could use it with a cable modem. With that being said I have never worked with cisco telnet before. How bad is that.

Adam

Views
Helpful
Replies