cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

flash problem

arupbiet2006
Level 1
Level 1

when i try to start my 2800 router by console its can't start and showing this massege

½ý½ý½ý½ý½ý½ý½ý½ý½ý½ý½ý½ý½ý½ý½ý½ý½ý½ý½ý why?pls help me.

2 Replies 2

satish_zanjurne
Level 4
Level 4

1.Hope you have set baud rate to 9600, if you are using Hyperterminal ?

2.Is it new router/old router ?

3.If it is old & recently ,you have added some WIC,HWIC,NM.Plz. remove it from the router & then try connecting the console .

4.If it is new router & you are sure that your console cable is working properly, see the 3rd point.

5.If it is still not working , you need to RMA the router.

HTH..rate if helpful..

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Those kind of characters on the console are usually an indication that there is a mismatch in speed between the setting of the console and the setting of the terminal emulator (Hyperterm or whatever you are using). I would suggest that you start experimenting with different speed settings in your terminal emulator. Start with 1200, and work up through the possibilities of 2400, 4800, 9600, to the top speed of 115000. Probably one of those seeds will work. Be aware that with some emulators like Hyterterm that you need to stop and start the emulator each time you change the speed setting.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: