Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

FlexConnect & Interface Groups

I have a WLC 5508 running 7.4.121.0 where several sites  have APs in FlexConnect mode.

For those sites I also have interface groups (this is just an example, i have more than one group)

Site 1 - Group 1 - vlan 110 (faculty) and vlan 112 (students)

Site 2 - Group 2 - vlan 210 (faculty) and vlan 212 (students)

Under WLAN -> Advanced -> AP Groups

I select Site 1 Group Name and add a new WLAN SSID to Interface/Interface Group mapping.

When I go to Wireless and select a FlexConnect AP from Site 1 and then go to the FlexConnect Tab -> VLAN Mappins the VLAN ID is wrong (neither 110 or 112). I can of course manually change it to 110 but then any clients on vlan 112 on that SSID can't connect to the network. 

Is there a way to specific a VLAN ID when using Interface group and Flexconnect?

1 REPLY

Do you have configured local

Do you have configured local switching and use AAA overide to asign the VLAN for faculty and students? Else can you give some more information about the configuration.

With local switching and VLAN AAA overide you need to create sub-interfaces on the AP's. You can do this in the Flexconnect group (one per site). Then go tho VLAN-ACL mapping and add the VLAN's you need on this site .

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content