cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

FlexConnect & Interface Groups

Banana Pancakes
Level 1
Level 1

I have a WLC 5508 running 7.4.121.0 where several sites  have APs in FlexConnect mode.

For those sites I also have interface groups (this is just an example, i have more than one group)

Site 1 - Group 1 - vlan 110 (faculty) and vlan 112 (students)

Site 2 - Group 2 - vlan 210 (faculty) and vlan 212 (students)

Under WLAN -> Advanced -> AP Groups

I select Site 1 Group Name and add a new WLAN SSID to Interface/Interface Group mapping.

When I go to Wireless and select a FlexConnect AP from Site 1 and then go to the FlexConnect Tab -> VLAN Mappins the VLAN ID is wrong (neither 110 or 112). I can of course manually change it to 110 but then any clients on vlan 112 on that SSID can't connect to the network. 

Is there a way to specific a VLAN ID when using Interface group and Flexconnect?

1 Reply 1

niekvdgoor
Level 1
Level 1

Do you have configured local switching and use AAA overide to asign the VLAN for faculty and students? Else can you give some more information about the configuration.

With local switching and VLAN AAA overide you need to create sub-interfaces on the AP's. You can do this in the Flexconnect group (one per site). Then go tho VLAN-ACL mapping and add the VLAN's you need on this site .

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card