cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Force remote BGP router choose the path to my BGP router

Danilo Dy
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Heres a scenario, my BGP router is configured with AS1 with three uplink (1, 2, and 3). A BGP router in the other side of the world is configured with AS2 also has three uplink (A, B, and C) but it chooses uplink A as best path to my BGP router which is congested nearer to them.

Is there a way for me to configure my BGP router to force remote BGP router to choose either path B or C to my BGP router without using AS Prepend (I mean specifically for their AS only without affecting other AS)?

Thanks in advance

3 Replies 3

devang_etcom
Level 7
Level 7

hi,

you can use the AS Prepending option with your topology and as you donot want to go for the AS path prepending you can go for the community attribute with Local preferance and sending to the community to the other AS, but still wait for the other expert reply... will you please provide some kind of topology diagram to us so it will make some what easy to help you???

regards

Devang

Sry, I need to rephrase my question. I'm talking about general internet, and looking for some sample configuration. I know both AS prependng and Community can do it but I don't prefer AS prepending as it affects a lot of AS in one link.

devang_etcom
Level 7
Level 7

you can also go for MED... you can advertise the various MED value for the appropriate path in your out going update... and that is how you can infulance the incoming traffic path selection process...

regards

Devang

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card