cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

format cisco 877w IOS software.

wangkiantjun
Level 1
Level 1

regarding the title above, i facing some problem before key-in format system command. once type "router> enable", then 2nd row it prompt key-in password which i set before, i cannot type any character at telnet service. if password does not set, the character "router>", change to "router#" if type "router> enable".

if want format for the IOS software, the character must be "router#" character in order to format IOS software. here the link i post which steps by steps to format the IOS.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-4250

i now facing the problem. what kind of solution can provide.

thanks.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Password recovery on an 870 ISR?  Easy.  Look at the back.  See there's a "reset" button?

View solution in original post

Pssst.  Have you seen my comment?

View solution in original post

13 Replies 13

cadet alain
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

What is the problem? You can't go to enable mode? the format command is not working? be more specific please.

Regards.

Don't forget to rate helpful posts.

i mean after i type "router>enable", then it prompt password to continue which i set before. but now i cannot proceed because when i type any key at keyboard, there is no any character come out for password. then i want format the ios software. but cannot due i still at "router>" command.

so you can type enable then when prompted for password you can't type anything?

Or it won't take the password you set to enter privileged mode?

the 1st statement which state "can type enable then when prompted for password you can't type anything."

this is the problem i face now.

you mentioned doing this via telnet. how about trying to enter your enable password/secret directly via console? if that doesn't work you need to do a password recovery procedure.

Have you tried to reload it? Have you tried different softwares to telnet to your router?

i unable to type any key on the keyboard once prompt for password. what shoud you said i think it should be secret directly via console.

but how to recover the password process? since i only manage router global configuration only.

password recovery :

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/hw/routers/ps380/products_password_recovery09186a00800942bc.shtml

This will work for your router. Once done you should be able to get into the router and reload the new IOS as well.

Note: You need to be connected via console as well.

i cannot get the URL because  i am registered guess level. so still got any solution?

Pssst.  Have you seen my comment?

Password recovery on an 870 ISR?  Easy.  Look at the back.  See there's a "reset" button?

yes. it works. i want ask after i reset it, does the existing configuration also
delete too? if yes, so i need to re-configure again the configuration setting from the beginning?

Yes it will erase existing config and set the router into factory default.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card