Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Frag Table Overflow

Hi folks, I have a router that keeps having it's frag table buffer fill up quite rapidly. This router is located at one of our central offices that a lot of other offices connect to via IPSEC VPN tunnels (DMVPN). I raised the bar to 1024 however it still fills up

ip virtual-reassembly in timeout 32 max-fragments 32 max-reassemblies 1024

All routers have an MTU on their outside physical interface of 1492 bytes. All tunnel interfaces are set at 1400 to 1420 bytes MTU.

Is there a way to find out where majority of fragments are coming from? As I have a feeling this is causing an issue where right after a fresh reload I can ping this router with 1500 Byte ping packets but soon after it starts to drop these pings. Only thing I notice at that time is frag table overflow in the log.

Please advise.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hall of Fame Super Gold

Re:Frag Table Overflow

Just disable virtual reassembly. It is just source of trouble.

2 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Gold

Re:Frag Table Overflow

Just disable virtual reassembly. It is just source of trouble.

Frag Table Overflow

Thanks Paolo. That did help a bit but I'm still experiencing packet loss. I just posted another long question in the forum, perhaps you can take a look at that and advise please?

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/4088971#4088971

Thanks

Views
Helpful
Replies