Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Frame-Relay CIR,bc & be Configurations

If a customer has subscribed for a CIR of 256 Kbps and a burst of 16 Kbps , what are the Values that i shall set for

frame-relay cir , frame-relay bc , frame-relay be and frame-relay mincir in map-class frame-relay.

are there any specific Ratios (comparing with cir given)for bc and be that we need to set.

5 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Bronze

Re: Frame-Relay CIR,bc & be Configurations

Sir,

I read the PDF available on this site.but still one doubt i have.Customer has subscribed for access-rate of 64 Kbps and Burst of 16 Kbps.

If i set CIR of 64 Kbps , bc of 8 Kbps , what is the value that i shall set for be. is it 16 Kbps or 2 Kbps so that when multiplied by the Multiplication Value bet. CIR & bc which is 8 here , then it becomes 16 Kbps total.

can you please suggest the value that i shall set for be.

Hall of Fame Super Bronze

> what is the value that i shall set for be.

You don't necessarily need to set a value for be if the telco hasn't provided. From your post, they've only provided the bc.

Your bc value should be 16000

i am on the Service Provider side i:e i have to set be value on my router interface for the customer,so what value for be shall i set in the map-class.

i am on the Service Provider side i:e i have to set be value on my router interface for the customer,so what value for be shall i set in the map-class.

Views
Helpful
Replies