cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Frame-Relay map-class Querry

sushilpandita78
Level 1
Level 1

I have applied Frame-Relay Class to an interface mentioning CIR & bc in the class, but traffic showing on that interface is more than the CIR,i have attached a txt file containing the configuration and the show commands, can any body tell me the reason why so much of traffic is flowing.

1 Reply 1

Kevin Dorrell
Level 10
Level 10

Your .txt file seems to show outputs from two different routers. I presume these are S0/0 on the central router and S3/3 on the remote router. And I presume what you are asking about is how the remote router has an output rate of 153 kbps, but at the central router its CIR is 128 kpbs.

You need to bear in mind that the class-map can only shape the traffic in the outgoing direction. So your traffic may be shaped in the direction from the central site to the remote, but that does not tell us what is happening in the other direction. To know that, we need to look at the config of the remote router.

Kevin Dorrell

Luxembourg

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card