Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

FXS port for paging is not working w/2811 Router and amp.

Hello all,  Today I basically hooked up a telephone line for paging purposes into the Vic3-2FXS card in our Cisco 2811 router.

Then from the router I ran it straight to the amplifier that we have for paging and sound.  I have the sound working for radio out of the amp.

However, the paging is not working.  When I pick up a phone  and dial the number it is busy.  In the voice port it says active instead

of dormant.  Also off hook instead of on hook.  When we go to page it should shut off the music automatically and page.  I'm not sure

exactly what I've done wrong or do I have to do something in Cisco CCM5.1 to make this work?  Can someone please help me?  Thank You all

1 REPLY
Hall of Fame Super Gold

Re: FXS port for paging is not working w/2811 Router and amp.

You should post this int UC foru, Ip telephony,.

However, you cannot patch directly an FXS port to PA. Conside, all what you are doing, is sending 60 V ring current to tghe amp, that in turno doe not have the capability to detect this and go off-hook. You also risk to damage the amp.

You need an adapter circuit, called phone patch or similar.These are available from paging vendors generally.

The alternative, ist hat you use an E&M interface.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content