Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

g.shdsl and QOS

I have a customer wanting to link 5 remote sites via g.shdsl lines. They are using VOIP and want to extend the voice network to remote sites. I am looking for a solution to do this. all i can come up with is using 1800's at both ends but that would mean 5 pairs of routers. does anyone know a better solution which gives me support for both g.shdsl and QOS.

1 REPLY
Gold

Re: g.shdsl and QOS

These cards will go into any of the larger routers.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps274/products_data_sheet09186a00800921f0.html

Looking at the limitations it would be nice if you only had 4 sites because you could use a 2800 router. These router do not support things link nm-2w so you can only use the 4 onboard wic slots. You would have to go to a 3825 to have 5 interfaces.

More than likely more cost effective to use a 1 1800 and a 2811 with 4 of these interfaces.

Now if you want to combine the 5 into a single connections that is a function of a DSLAM and I have very little knowledge in that area.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content