Views
Helpful
Replies

Get VPN License Information

jubair151
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Team,

I am trying to configure the Get VPN in my routers. My routers are Cisco 2811, with GC5 IOS version and 38xx with T8 series. Does this get VPN technology requires any kind of license, like number of VPN counts, etc...??.

My IOS supports get VPN commands, however i am concern about the number of get VPN  tunnels and key server license...

Regards,

Jubair.S

2 Replies 2

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Jubair.S

I do not understand your description of the IOS code that each router is running. But if the routers accept the commands to configure GET VPN then you should be fine in terms of licensing. I do not believe that there is a special license for the key server. Are you concerned about the number of VPN tunnels from a perspective of licensing or from a perspective of performance? From a licensing perspective I do not believe that there are limits on the number of tunnels in the license. From a performance perspective we do not have enough information to be able to evaluate that issue.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

johnlloyd_13
Level 9
Level 9

hi,

i've saved this link when i lab'd GETVPN. hope you'll find it useful.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/security/group-encrypted-transport-vpn/deployment_guide_c07_554713.html

i still got my lab output with me. i've tried using PSK and RSA-cert.

just let me know if you're interested.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card