Views
Helpful
Replies

Giga EtherChannel on 12410

abakhashwin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

we have small question is it possible to have Giga EtherChannel on SPA-10X1GE-V2 (10 port X 1 GE) with regular Cisco IOS software in GSR 12410 ?is it support it.?

5 Replies 5

Laurent Aubert
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

It's supported since 12.0(33)S.

HTH

Laurent.

Thank you, do you have a documents which mention that SPA-10X1GE-V2 is supporting Giga EtherChaneel on 12410 with regular Cisco IOS software?.

Thank you

What would be "regular IOS software" ?

Hello Paolo,

in the context of GSR 12000 now there are two choices:

IOS

modular IOS XR

so I think the original poster is meaning classic IOS and not IOS XR.

By the way, conversion of GSR from IOS to IOS XR takes several hours and it is not feasible in a router already in production.

My customer is replacing C12008 chassis with C12410 with IOS XR some of new chassis have arrived with IOS and conversion took a lot of time and some problems because the upgrade procedure is not clear on one key point: the need to give an ip address to one management ethernet of the PRP2.

So it is reasonable that original poster asks for regular IOS if it is was he has on the chassis.

Ahmed:

In my personal opinion I would let etherchannels to switches and if possible I would use two GE links as parallel L3 links on the GSR.

In the past some issues arose with etherchannel on 3GE engine2 linecard where it was not possible to collect Netflow data to make an example.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card