Views
Helpful
Replies

GLBP

imnilesh
Level 1
Level 1

Hi;

Having four E1 from location A to location B, the problem is, already three link are terminated on router A and the forth link is terminated on router B.I Want to know If I configure the GLBP on both router, does it will work properly. or i have to move one link from router A to router B and make two link on each router. for this I need Outage which is not possible for some time.

before that I want to prepare for other possibilities If any.....

Thanks.

//Nilesh.

3 Replies 3

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

Hi

The better approach would be having 2 links connected on each router so that the load can be evenly distributed across the routers and balanced uniformly over the links.

Also redundancy point of view at any point of failure with one hardware you have 2 E1s to carry your traffic through the other router.

If you dont distribute the links evenly on your routers you may end up having one E1 bandwidth capacity serving your purpose when the router connected with 3 links goes out.

regds

Prem;

thanks for response, yes it make sense to keep two link on each router. but since its live setup i cant do it now.

also i forgot to tell that, i have one more link from Router A to Location C, does it will have any impact on its routing.

//nilesh

devang_etcom
Level 7
Level 7

hi nilesh...

one thing you can do is: connect two E1 on each router instad of one with 3 and other with 1... then you can have proper utilisation of the link...

other thing you can configure is weighted load balancing algorithm...you can find more detail here: www.cisco.com/go/availability/

rate this post if it helps

regards

Devang

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card