Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

You may experience some slow load times, errors, and slight inconsistencies. We ask for your patience as we finalize the launch. Thank you.

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our beta test area to get started.

GLBP

Hi all

If I configured glbp weighting like this:

glbp 1 weighting 100 lower 50

glbp 1 weighting track 1 decrement 30

glbp 1 weighting track 2 decrement 30

when 1 serial become down it still forwarding , but when 2 serial become down it's not forwarder. I need anyone to suggest me if i didn't configure threshold for upper cast when 1 serial comes up , Router will become to forwarder again ?

Thanks

• WAN Routing and Switching
3 REPLIES

Re: GLBP

please explain the topology too.

Hi

I have two routers share-loading in the same network with glbp and each router have two serial interfaces. If i configure glbp weighting on the router like this :

track 1 interface s0/0 line protocol

track 2 interface s0/1 line protocol

glbp 1 weighting 100 lower 50

glbp 1 weighting track 1 decrement 30

glbp 1 weighting track 2 decrement 30

In this cast if only one serial change to down router still forwarding , but when all serial become down it's not forwarder. I need anyone to suggest me if i didn't configure threshold for upper cast when some serial (serial0/0 or 0/1)change state to up. this router will become to forwarder again ?

thanks

hi pccthailand ,

please find the below details.

Your upper limit will be 100 by default even it's not configured.

When multiple tracked interfaces are down, the configured weighting decrements are cumulative.

track interface -->

This command ties the weighting of the GLBP gateway to the availability of its interfaces. It is useful for tracking interfaces that are not configured for GLBP.

When a tracked interface goes down, the GLBP gateway weighting decreases by 10. If an interface is not tracked, its state changes do not affect the GLBP gateway weighting. For each GLBP group, you can configure a separate list of interfaces to be tracked.

The optional value argument specifies by how much to decrement the GLBP gateway weighting when a tracked interface goes down. When the tracked interface comes back up, the weighting is incremented by the same amount.

Rgrds

Rajeev.S

Views
Helpful
Replies