cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Global checksum failed

cisconoval
Level 1
Level 1

Some one please tell me what is the reason for the Error message "Global Checksum Failed" which is displayed in the end of the "Show Version" command.

Thanks

5 Replies 5

jackyoung
Level 6
Level 6

I suspect it may be the flash or DRAM problem. Can you please provide the screen capture of the "sh ver" & "sh flash" ?

Thanks for your reply.

I couldnt post the output of those commands, Sorry. Could you please tell me what would be the causes for this error. Also please tell me what I have to check...

Thanks

I can't find related info. in Cisco web. But I believe it related to memory issue, so I suspect the flash or the DRAM failure.

Is it a Cisco compatible DRAM & flash ?

Try to replace the plug the DRAM & flash out and insert to another same model router to test it ?

If we have the "sh ver" result then we can understand the hardware more. So please try to get it for reference.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for your reply. I also searched in Cisco site for this.. but its vain.

For your information because of this error I didnt face any issues. But I would like to know why this error message is coming.

jackyoung, the switch is in remote end I couldn't replace the DRAM. Is any other steps to ensure that the DRAM is having the issue.

I am sorry to say that I couldn't post the Sh ver output as per policy and norms I cant do it.

Thanks

Thanks for your clarification. It is fine that you should follow the policy and here is an open forum. I suggest you open a TAC case w/ Cisco that I believe Cisco can help to tell the reason.

I am sorry that I have no idea how to identify the DRAM failure, only if you cannot boot up the device or the device cannot show the installed DRAM, otherwise, I don't know how to check it remotely.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card