Level 1

anyone

kamal-learn
Level 4
Level 4

hi

what you mean by PCAP!!

Kamal,

I think Joshua is referring to PCAP as in Packet Capturing.

- Arul

Yes, I need a Packet Capture of GRE.

Thank you Arul

hi

yes indeed you re right PCAP stands for packet capture,thanx

i think the most of tools over there in the field such as ethereal do have filters i.e you can choose weither to capture TCP or IPX but not sure for GRE... so do a check .

other thing if you are in multilayer environment think of using SPAN, this feature works for bothe switched ports and routed ports your case i think is routed ports since you are dealing with GRE tunnels, so capture the whole traffic to an analyser tool and filter out only your GRE.

HTH

do rate if it does help

Yes, I would like to but I don't have access to that environment. So I was wondering if anyone just happen to have a capture.

Hi,

I think I can help you.

I have successfully used ethereal to capture BGP, OSPF, LDP, etc. I don't think it's a problem to capture the GRE packets.

Please wait a day or two so I can prepare for it.

SSLIN

Great thank you

Hi,

I captured the GRE packets in my home lab yesterday. It was captured from a simple topology with 4 router in series: r1,r2,r3,and r4. All of them were running OSPF and the GRE tunnel was created between r1 and r4. Several type of packets were created to run over the GRE tunnel : EIGRP, ICMP, and TELNET.I hope you can enjoy analyzing these packets.Let me know if you have any problem.

SSLIN

Thank you very much, I appreciate it. Have a good safe holiday mate.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card