Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

grouping interfaces

hi there ,

I need to group vlan interfaces in 7609 or in 6509 (hybrid OS).The requirement is if one vlan interface has gone down another should go down.Can this be done in any way.

Im ready to switchover to native IOS too.please guide.

5 REPLIES

Re: grouping interfaces

Hi Rajiv,

not clear with ur statement "if one vlan interface has gone down another should go down.Can this be done in any way" can u explain?

Hi anandanarayana ,

thanx for the reply.

I have two Vlan interfaces in 6509 configured as below.

int Vlan 600

ip address 172.x.x.x 255.x.x.x

no shut

int vlan 500

ip address 162.x.x.x 255.x.x.x

no shut

See this VLAN interfaces Will be UP & UP when the physical port connected is UP.

For some reasons im creating two backup Vlan interfaces for bothe vlan 500 & 600.

But both these interfaces should go down simeltaneosly in case of one physical port failure in any of the vlans.So my backup group for both these vlans will come up.

Can this be done in anyway?

please guide.

Hi Rajiv,

This is a lot confusing. With the same chasis, it not possible. But if you have 2 6509's or 2 7609's then you can do it using the HSRP or GLBP.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk648/tk362/tk321/tsd_technology_support_sub-protocol_home.html

HTH, Please rate if it does.

-amit singh

Dear Amit,

thanx for the reply.Can this be donw using BVI (im not clear abt bridge-group virtual interface)or in any other way?

Both the interfaces must go down in a single chasis.Please help.

hi ,

instead of doing this backup of ports in l3(vlan interfaces) I can do it in L2 using flex links.

flex links will switch on a l2 port when the physical layer of a particular port is down.

Again there is a problem of grouping interfaces.Can i club Flex link ports?

Please guide.

Views
Helpful
Replies