Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

GTC-T SFP is coming Up

Hi,

In 7609 router i am using WS-X6724-SFP in that we connected 100mbps link through GLC-T copper SFP.But link is not coming up.But if i connected through switch and to router its coming up.

Please help me out to resolve the issue.

7 REPLIES
Community Member

Re: GTC-T SFP is coming Up

I would start at the physical layer. Make sure that you are using a crossover cable if connecting from router to router or from PC to router. If that doesn't work, try hard coding the speed on each side, it might be a negotiation issue.

Hope this helps,

Rob

Community Member

I tried with crossover also and i cant able to change the speed also.its supports only 1Gig only.

Hall of Fame Super Silver

Hello Chandra,

I think that GLC-T copper SFP doesn't make the port capable to run at 100 Mbps.

I think it is only able to run 1000 Mbps full-duplex.

You need to use a native Rj-45 port with 10/100/1000 capability for this.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Community Member

Giuseppe is right,

I double checked the compatibility matrix, and although this SFP is 10,100,1000 it doesn't work at any speed other than 1000 on the 6724 module.

Rob

Community Member

Hi just wondering if anyone can confirm this. We have an SFP-T in a module in our 2821 router and are tring to connect this to a 100Mb Metroethernet connection and does not come. Plugging the Metroethernet into the system gigs works ok as i assume they auto negotiate to 100Mb but these are already in use.

Can you run a SFP-T at 100Mb if yes how ?

Many thanks

Cisco Employee

Hi David,

Do you mean GLC-T or SFP-GE-T? The SFP-GE-T is 1GB only with extended operating temperature range and DOM support, and it is not supported to use with the 2800 platform.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/interfaces_modules/transceiver_modules/compatibility/matrix/OL_6981.html

Speed for GLC-T and SFP-GE-T can be verified with sh int cap command

http://supportwiki.cisco.com/ViewWiki/index.php/The_speeds_supported_by_the_1000BASE-T%28GLC-T%29_SFP_Module_on_the_Cisco_Catalyst_3750_Series_switch

HTH,

jerry

Hall of Fame Super Gold

GLC-T will only negotiate to 1Gb on a WS-6724 blade module.

I believe Edison mentioned something about the logic behind this is because no one from Cisco would image this blade to negotiate anything but 1Gb.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content