cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Hardware Compatibility for ATM SPAs

navneet_78
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 7604 router with a SIP 200 controller card and 4 subslots in it. As per the service provider in that region, they are providing a DS3 clear Channel Layer 1 Signal, C-BIT. And also, they suggested that if both ends support ATM mode then the connectivity would be fine.

I have ordered a NM-1T3/E3 module on "A" end and a SPA-2XOC3-ATM module to be inserted onto one of the subslots in the 7604 device mentioned above on "Z" end. But, i guess ATM SPAs only support SFP modules?

The service provider is giving a BNC cable 75ohms on both ends. Will "A" end NM-1T3/E3 module and "Z" end SPA-2XOC3-ATM module support BNC cable? Is there a converter for SFP to BNC?

Please suggest

Thanks

Navneet

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

Unfortunately, the 7600 doesn't have an ATM T3 card, please review this:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps368/products_relevant_interfaces_and_modules.html

HTH, please rate if it does help,

Mohammed Mahmoud,

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

mohammedmahmoud
Level 11
Level 11

hi,

As far as i know, in the case of the T1 the SPA uses RJ-48c receptacles for T1 (120-Ohm) cable, which you can use a converter (we use balun) to convert it and do the impedance matching to BNC 75-Ohm.

As for the OC-3 SPA it uses a small form-factor pluggable (SFP) optical transceiver module for SONET and SDH single-mode and multimode optical fiber connection, and the provider must supply you the OC3 using fiber optical cable and not a BNC (coax).

Mohammed Mahmoud.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. The Service provider is only giving BNC to us. Is there any way I can convert SFP to BNC?? Or can i go for anyother module in that SIP200 controller card that supports ATM and BNC interface?

Regards

Navneet

Hi,

As far as i know, DS3 is supplied via BNC, but i've never seen a provider that supplies OC3 via BNC its always supplied via fiber, anyway here you are the DS3 BNC Coax to Multimode or Singlemode Fiber, but i don't think that it would work for the OC3;

http://www.siservices.com/catalog/fiberdriversds3-c-64_73.html

HTH,

Mohammed Mahmoud.

Hi,

Well the provider is giving DS3 only. I have chosen to insert a SPA-2XOC3-ATM module into that SIP 200 controller, because iam not sure of any other module that supports ATM and gets inserted into the SIP 200 controller.

Can you suggest an alternative to the SPA card if any?

Thanks

Navneet

Hi,

Please correct me if i am wrong, are you trying to connect 2 sites using a T3 interface on one site and an OC3 interface on the other site, if that is what you are trying to do, then it is technically wrong, and you'll have to use "T3/E3 SPA" for your 7600, it comes via BNC by default.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps368/module_installation_and_configuration_guides_chapter09186a008043f6a6.html#wp1192235

HTH, please rate if it helps,

Mohammed Mahmoud.

Hi,

Yes, you got me right this time. Thanks for the correction. But, SPA-2XT3/E3 do not support ATM. They only support Frame relay nad PPP. Please correct me if iam wrong.

Thanks

Navneet

Hi,

Unfortunately, the 7600 doesn't have an ATM T3 card, please review this:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps368/products_relevant_interfaces_and_modules.html

Mohammed Mahmoud,

Hi,

Thanks for your advice. It really helped clear my doubts.

Cheers

Navneet

Hi,

You are welcomed, and i guess that know you'll use the clear channel T3 interfaces on both sides.

BR,

Mohammed Mahmoud.

Mr. Mohammed Mahmoud I have 2801 Router With AIM VPN Module EPII Plus Pl. give me the configuration of this Router

jinendra_email
Level 1
Level 1

Mr. Navneet I m Jinendra from India Actually i have cisco 2801 with AIM VPN module if u have the configuratin of 2801 with AIM VPN Module (EPIIPlus) please give me.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco