Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Webcast-Catalyst9k

Having a hard time getting a PTP connection over MPLS Working

Hi. I've been working with a company in the UK to get a PTP connection setup between Minneapolis, MN and Chicago, IL. At each site with have a ASR1002. The connection is made via a fiber connection from Level 3. Level 3 is just handling layer 2 and we are to take care of everything else. As of right now they can see the mac address of the Minneapolis port in the Chicago router. But, I can't see theirs. Nor can I ping the Chicago router. The config that was give to me by the higher engineers is simple enough.

int g0/0/0

no ip address

no negoitation auto

mtu 9212

int g0/0/0.100

encap dot1q 100

ip address 192.168.100.2 255.255.255.0

bandwidth 99700

no shut

That's it. The Chicago side is 192.168.100.1

When I do "sh arp" I get the mac address of the .2 address (mine) but not .1. In Chicago when they do it they get the mac address of both (.1 and .2).

So right now we can't figure out if there is a issue with the config or is it a problem with Level 3 routing.

Any advice would be great. Thanks.

Everyone's tags (3)
3 REPLIES
VIP Super Bronze

Hi Jon,

Is Chicago's config exactly the same?

Can you test with default MTU on both sides and no jumbo?

HTH

Tried changing the MTU size, nothing. Config is the same on both sides. Still can't get it to work. Current thinking is that there an issue with L3 but not sure.

Cisco Employee

Jonathan,

A quick and informative sketch of your network and the interconnection between the three sites would be most helpful. Do you believe you could post some? Thank you!

Best regards,

Peter

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content