Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Silver

Heat Dissipation on cisco routers

Dear All,

Is there any commands to know the Current Heat Dissipation of high end routers and switches 7600,6500 ???

Even though we can calculate thro. corresponding calculators, i eager to know is there any commands to do that???

Rgs

5 REPLIES
Silver

Re: Heat Dissipation on cisco routers

I am not sure what your asking. Do you mean to derive the ambient heat produced in order to budget for a cooling system?

Silver

Hi Morris,

Ya, i want to budget my room cooling system only.... so i like to know what heat my devices producing.....

Rgs

Silver

What I suggest to check the equipment specification for the information. You have to prepare the max. heat dissipation for the cooling / airflow design.

I am not sure you can check the current value or not by command.

example : http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps708/products_installation_guide_chapter09186a008020e088.html

Hope this helps.

Hi everyone!

I have a question about heat dissipation. How to find heat dissipation for Cisco 2900 series? I've searched the thach specs and all I could find is heat dissipation for Cisco 2948G but I need it for 2900, 2911, 2951. Can anyone help, please?

Vadim, check the doc here, you can have an estimated value of heat dissipation for some routers. I'm facing the same exercise. So I'm going to go for an upper class router and note its heat dissipation value. That way, I have peace of mind

Wass

Views
Helpful
Replies