Views
Helpful
Replies

Help me in this CBT Nugget

Amr Ali
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all ,

I hope any one will assist me in this  mysterious issue which i had in this lab , i was watching C B T N u g g e t s for CCNP and in the video of " 24- Path Control " after making the configuration step by step with the instructor i found that " Client1 " can reach to " ISP1 " normally  however we should done some configuration must prevent this from  happening , so i will be glad if any one can assist me as i am still  revising & revising but i couldn't know where is the error ,

This is the topic of the Video

Policy-Based Routing Lab

Objectives:

Your organization is implementing a dual ISP setup should be tightly controlled. They have requested the following parameters:

• Client1 surfs the Internet all day doing nothing productive. All  traffic from this client should route out ISP2, which is a slower  Internet connection. If ISP2 is down, Client1 should not be able to  access the Internet.

• Client2 handles sophisticated transactions. Both Telnet and HTTPS  traffic should route towards ISP1, which is the more reliable  connection. All other traffic from Client2 should route out ISP2.

• Traffic from other clients (not shown in this diagram) should route out ISP2.

• Traffic originating from the PolicyRouter should prefer ISP1 but  should fail over to ISP2 should ISP1 be unavailable. Verify ISP1 is  available using proactive testing techniques.

To accomplish these objectives, you may create no more than two route-maps and three access-lists.

Testing:

1. Telnet from Client1 to ISP2 (201.1.1.2). The  telnet session should connect to the ISP router; likewise, you should be  able to verify traffic by using the show route-map command on the  PolicyRouter. You can also verify by traffic by viewing the logging  buffer on ISP2. Performing a telnet session to ISP1 (200.1.1.2) should  fail (simply because ISP1 and ISP2 have no knowledge of each other).

2. Telnet from Client2 to ISP1 (200.1.1.2) using TCP port 23 and 443  (telnet 200.1.1.2 443). Both sessions should connect. You can validate  the path used through the same process as Client1. Telnet to ISP2 using  TCP port 80 (telnet 201.1.1.2) to validate alternate path routing.  Telnetting to ISP2 using port 23 or 443 should fail (since traffic will  be policy routed to ISP1 who has no knowledge of ISP2).

3. To test traffic originating from the router, issue pings to ISP1  (these should succeed), then ping ISP2 (these should fail). Verify that  ISP1 received the packets by viewing the logging buffer. Shut down the  interface to ISP1 and then ping ISP2; the pings should succeed.

topology.png

You can find the lab at the attachment

Cheers

4 Replies 4

cadet alain
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

did you do a route refresh with clear ip bgp * in or clear ip bgp * out ?

Regards

Alain

Don't forget to rate helpful posts.

of course i did it

Hi,

Sorry I thought this was a BGP lab not a PBR lab.

Regards

Alain

Amr Ali
Level 1
Level 1

Hello ,

Any one can help ??

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card