cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Help on EIGRP

sateeshk10
Level 1
Level 1

I have five offices now i want to run eigrp between theses office..here z my rquiremnts

<br />

<br />A -- HQ

<br />192.168.1.0

<br />B - B0

<br />192.168.2.0

<br />C - B0

<br />192.168.3.0

<br />D - B0

<br />192.168.4.0

<br />E - B0

<br />192.168.5.0

<br />

<br />1) All branch office routes should prefer towards HQ only.

<br />

<br />D guy wants to communicate to A . it should not come via D-B-E-A. it should come D-A only.

<br />

<br />2) If D wants to communicate E. he sould come D-A-E

<br />

<br />What need to be on eigrp level and i need eigrp config at all locations if possible.

<br />

Regards

sateesh

11 Replies 11

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

So basically it's a hub-and-spoke topology with HQ (A) in the center of the network. Is this correct?

yes..your are ryt.

Regards

sateesh

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

So basically it's a hub-and-spoke topology with HQ (A) in the center of the network. Is this correct?

sateesh

It would help us to give you better advice if you would tell us some details about the topology of the network. You have told us that it is a hub and spoke, so we can assume that each spoke has a link connecting it to the hub. But do the spoke routers have any links connecting directly to other hubs?

From your description that spoke to spoke traffic should always go from spoke to hub to other spoke I would assume that there is no need for spoke to spoke links. But it would be helpful if you would tell us specifically what links connect things in your network.

If it is a simple hub and spoke network and each spoke connects only to the hub then the configuration can be easy. You would enable EIGRP on each router on all of the interfaces. In this situation the spoke routers only learn routes from the hub and your requirements are satisfied.

In this simple hub and spoke environment your config could be enhanced by configuring each spoke router as an EIGRP stub router. And the configuration could also be enhanced by configuring a distribute list on the hub router which permits the advertisement of only a default route to each spoke router. These steps are not necessary but they would simplify the operating environment of the spoke routers.

If it is not a simple hub and spoke environment and there are some links from spoke to spoke, you would need to specify to us how those links should work, since they seem to be contrary to your requirement that spoke router traffic should only be forwarded to the hub.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Mohamed Sobair
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

1- You will need to configure all routers as stub routers except the HQ.

2- All stub routers needs to learn the networks from the HQ besides a Default route.

3- you will need to disable (Split-Horizon) on the physical Interface IF all routers are connected to the same Physical Interface of the HQ's router.

By doing the above, U will make sure all routers (except the HQ) are not quered for Routes if changes occured in the Eigrp topology since all connectivity required through the HQ.

Disabling (Split-Horizon)shall make the router sends updates out the same interface they have been recieved on IF and Only If they are connected to the same Interface.

HTH

Mohamed

hi,

I am going to take VPLS connection between the offices. Now A is HQ.

All my office will connected to Service porvider(Pure L2) and full mesh connection.

Regards

sateesh

Hi,

Still awaiting for reply.

Regards

sateesh

Hi,

Can anbody give the solution.

regards

sateesh

Hi,

I have attched diagram for easy understand.

Service provider VPLS means think that point to point link full mesh between my locations.

option 1:

My communication should happen through HEADOFFICE only.

In future i may required comunication directly between Branchoffice also.

planning to run the EIGRP. pls provide the config for the same at all locations

Regards

sateesh

Sorry attach ment missed..pl. find the attached..

Mohamed Sobair
Level 7
Level 7

The VPLS service is a Point to multipoint in fashion. why ?? because the TTL of the labeled VC packet is always going 2 be 255 unlike the TTL of the VC label in l2VPN which is 2.

However, the VPLS can be configured in a point to point Scenario. with xconnect vfi command ..

All u have to do is to provide ur service provider with ur requirment and they should be able to set the HQ as Hub and all neighbors with their respective Virtual circuits. On the Spokes, they have to set ONLY asingle neighbor with the same Virtual circuit pointing to the HQ.

HTH

Mohamed

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card