I am attempting a hands on project to cement several concepts for my CCNA and my MCSA and i am stuck at a certain point. I am implementing this setup within my own network for added functionality and practice. Furthur more i will be using this setup as my lab.
I also need to program the router to so that it works with my modem and the switch in order to access the internet, basically i want to make it so when i try and access the internet from one of my client computers, everything goes through like it should.
The issue i am having is that i know bits and pices of it like for example i need to put the IP helper address on the vlans after i give them an ip address in order to forward the DHCP packets. But the problem is i do not have all the info i need to see the picture as a whole.
My question, is there a guide or walkthrough or can someone wip up a quick config that i can follow to acomplish what im trying to do? I learn best buy following someones instructions and working through them line by line.
Below are the things you need to ensure , before you try to access internet from your Vlans 10 , Vlans 20,Vlan 30
1) DHCP scope with appropriate gateway, GW IP address must be your SVI interface IP address of your switch , DNS server for your providers .
2) if you keep your DHCP server on VLAN 10 , use IP-helper address for another two vlan 20 & vlan 30
3) Use L3 connectvity between L3 switch to your router . Like 10.10.10.0/28 . Router with ip address 10.10.10.1 and on your L3 switch use one switch port as L3 port by (no switch port command ) or you can create SVI VLAN 100 and you can use as switch port as access port for VLan 100 , assign IP address either on L3 port or on SVI VLAN 10.10.10.2
4) Point Default route from your L3 Switch to your router ( ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 10.10.10.1)
5) From your router point reverse point for
Vlan 10 , Vlan 20, Vlan 30
ip route 10.227.10.0 255.255.255.0 10.10.10.2
ip route 10.227.20.0 255.255.255.0 10.10.10.2
ip route 10.227.30.0 255.255.255.0 10.10.10.2
6) Configuring PAT overloading to the interface connecting to your internet modem , along with IP nat inside and IP nat outisde command
"Configure your trunk port on switch: conf t interface fas x/x switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q switchport mode trunk switchport trunk native vlan 10 (if you chose to use 10 as the native vlan on Router config)"
Just to make sure i am getting this part i am suppose to pick an interface on the switch that is connected to the routers fa 0/1 interface and i need to set that as a trunk port?
"Now configure your ports for phones and data:
int fas x/x
switchport access vlan XX (where XX is the VLAN number for Data)
switchport voice vlan XX"
And with these instructions the FAS x/x is the switch port that i picked to connect to the router correct?
Question We run asr9001 with XR 6.1.3, and we have a very long delay to
login w/ SSH 1 or 2 to the device compare to IOS device. After
investigation, the there is 1s delay between the client KEXDH_INIT and
the server (XR) KEXDH_REPLY. After debug ssh serv...
Introduction The purpose of this document is to demonstrate the Open
Shortest Path First (OSPF) behavior when the V-bit (Virtual-link bit) is
present in a non-backbone area. The V-bit is signaled in Type-1 LSA only
if the router is the endpoint of one or ...
Hi, I am seeing quite a few issues with patch install and wanted to
share my experience and workaround to this. Login to admin via CLI, then
access root with the “shell” command Issue “df –h” and you’ll probably
see the following directory full or nearly ...