cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Help! Two VWIC-2MFT-T1 Cards in 2821 router to internet

tekbudrulz
Level 1
Level 1

We have 4 T-1's coming into a 2821 router with two dual vwic cards. Had problems with clocking and only one card in use (two T-1's). Eventlually got it solved by going with port 0 primary, port 1 internal. Now are adding two new T-1's for a total of 4. Have both controllers configured for internal. Connecting these two links and bringing them up brings all internet access down. What am I doing wrong?

1 Reply 1

Adam Frederick
Level 3
Level 3

If possible contact TAC. I had the same problem w/ the same setup, however they were all private lines. Turned out to be a bug on the VWIC-2MFT-T1 cards that was fixed in a newer IOS release - 12.4(5) Advanced Security. I believe I was running 12.4(3a) or so to start with and the private lines were constantly flapping, of course the telco tested clean and was actually telling the truth for once! :) Can you post a show controllers and show interfaces? Clear your counters and wait 15 min.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card