cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Help with NAT on Cisco 877 DSL router

whiteford
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I have a remote site using a Cisco 877 DSL router. It is setup as a VPN to my head office. I have attached the config minus some private parts.

The VPN works great and all traffic from the remote site is pushed through the VPN. Now my problem is this remote site needs to have a web server visible on the Internet. The DSL line at this remote site has 4 free public IP's and I was wondering if and how I can NAT once of this public IP's to it's Internal IP? Then allow port 80 only.

The other problem I can see is if the NAT works where will the outbound traffic go? Will it travel back over the VPN instead of the the local dialer port for the DSL line?

I would line the web server to be local for everything and not travel back over the VPN for access to and from the internet.

1 Reply 1

jsivulka
Level 5
Level 5

You can allow port 80. Iam not too sure that the config change we made will do it. I think we may have to break out the

SMTP and POP3 to go to the Gateway instead of just nating the external IP to the internal

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk175/tk15/technologies_configuration_example09186a008071a67e.shtml

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card