Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Help with NAT on Gre tunneled subnet

Hi Experts,

I need help with Nat ( or PAT ) to the public IP's that I am getting through the gre tunnel. Attached is the topology of the network. I have two locations , with router A and router B. On the location at router B , I donot have addtional Public Ip's that are available through the ISP but i have enough IP's at router A location. In the attached diagram , I have a gre tunnel between the two sites and have managed to push the subnet from router a to router b. now the server in location B can easily use the public ip's that I get on router A , The traffic from the server goes to the internet from location router b and then the reply is sent to router a which then pushes the traffic into the GRE tunnel to complete the connection and it works fine.

I now need to set PAT on router B , but wants it to use the same subnet that is routed through the GRE tunnel from Router A.

I tried to set it up the following on Router B :-

server add 10.10.100.10/24

access-list 77 permit 10.10.100.0 0.0.0.255

ip nat pool mypool 59.56.x.30 59.56.x.60 netmask 255.255.255.0

ip nat inside source list 77 pool mypool overload

int gig 0/2.1 ( connected to the servers )

ip nat inside

int tunnel 50   ( doesn't work ) ..... or   int gig 0/1 ( connected to internet on router b )

ip nat outside                                     ip nat outside

How do I make this NAT work with public IP's coming from Gre Tunnel.

please help.

xyz.pdf

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content