Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

High CPU

Hi Guys,

Our Customer have one 7600 that is presenting problem of performance. When I type "show proc cpu sorted" in the interface GE-WAn display the process "CEF Scanner" in 60%. What it is this process? which is its affectation?

5 REPLIES

Re: High CPU

Hi,

What is your IOS version? Please post "show version" output.

CEF Scanner process computes new L2 adjacency when there is a MAC rewrite.

Dandy

Hi Dandy,

It follows below the show version

The version is 12.2(18)SXF4

Thank You,

Wilson

Hi,

There's multiple problem with that IOS including high CPU util, not CEF Scanner though but I recommend you upgrade your IOS first.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/products_security_advisory09186a00807f413e.shtml

Dandy

HI Wilson, [Pls Rate if Helps ! !]

We too had the same problem of over loaded CPU of 7206 VXR Router upto 85% in a Site.

After several Investigations, we already had "Netflow" implemented in our Routers. Noticed that Several Client IP's in BO has communicated to single IP in HO for particular service & initiated more than 1000 IP sessions. This made the CPU Load go High upto 85%

So, without any best analyser like "Netflow" you will not be able to Investigate & Identify the Root Cause for this Situation.

Pls Rate If Helps ! !

Best Regards,

Guru Prasad R

Hi,

I add my voice to Guru, enable Netflow on the interface and try to investigate any malicious traffic.

interface x

ip route-cache flow

and then do "sh ip cache flow".

HTH, please rate if it does help,

Mohammed Mahmoud.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content