Views
Helpful
Replies

HO & Restaurants connectivity through PIX 501

sarfarazkazi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We are a F&B company. We have 06 restaurants currently running and in the next 3 months another 15 will be added. Below are the technical details:

1. Each restaurant will have one PC running a application which will be connected to a server at HO through data circuits.

2. Each restaurant user will also have access to his e-mail and should be able to share files.

3. The data circuits are done through ADSL for each restaurant.

Issue:

1. The HO lan is running a 192.168.1.0/24 network with all the static natting done on a pix 501 firewall.

2. There is a DHCP/Domain/Dns/Exchange(192.168.1.10) and a ISA server(192.168.1.13) running on the LAN which serves all the users.

3. How do I get users to come on the same LAN? The ISP doesnt recommend bridging and are asking me to assign separate networks for each restaurant.

4. If I do so means changing the configuration on the firewall and I m not well versed with pix so have no idea hwo do i go about adding further subnets to nat. The company doesnt want to invest in new hardware.

5. If the restaurant users need to use email/internet access I need to create NATS on the Pix for the respective subnets. Currently the gateway for 192.168.1.0 is 192.168.1.254, what will be the gateway If I add further subnets on the pix?

6. Will I be able to work without issues if I use bridging and connect to my LAN from the restaurants?

Please give me your recommendations, attached is the config file of the firewall and network diagram.

Sarfaraz

2 Replies 2

Marwan ALshawi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

in the routers u use the ISA as the next hop as a default gateway then the isa send the traffic to the pix ?

Dear Marwan,

All the routers(Data) have the Pix as the gateway. Can I use ISA as the gateway? Then I will need to define these routes on the ISA?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card