Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Home Routing Help

Hey everybody,

Got a small home networking problem. I have a DSL line from at&t a modem from them 2Wire 1701GH which servs as a wireless router. I am trying to connect a Linksys WRTU54G-TM router to it because that one has a jack for a phone line so I can have my VOIP phone. I have connected a cable from port 1 of 2Wire into WAN in linksys. I have disabled DHCP on the linskys router but every time i access the web I get a message from 2Wire that a router behind a router was found and this issue needs to be resolve by applying a ip address for the given computer. When I press resolve to apply the changes I cant no longer get a connection to the internet. Although my phone line works perfectly fine. Can anyone give me any ideas of what can be wrong or how i can set iot up in order for it to work correctly?

Thx

2 REPLIES

Re: Home Routing Help

Please publish the ip address of the Linksys router and the ip address of your computer. so understand ur setup would be like this

Phone

|

|

ATT2wire---Linksysy----Computer

Thanks

Re: Home Routing Help

my linksys router ip is 192.168.0.5 and the home computer gives me a radnom ip everytime. and yes that is exactly the setup i have

Views
Helpful
Replies