cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

how can I config load balancing on the router?

ladan.eftetahi
Level 1
Level 1

hello

I have 3 lines such as;leased line(4MB)

fiber(4MB),satelite(1MB)

I want create load balancing between these lines,could you pls tell me the kind of router that I can use & how can i config load balancinf on it.

thanks

4 Replies 4

hi laden

all these are going to a single location or what?.

if it is to a single destination you can go for multilink configuration, with EIGRP.

or you can go for static route, with per-packet load balancing.at first pls provide some more details regarding the scenario.

Regds

Binoy.

hello Binoy

these lines use for one factory in one location & I want to use these lines on one router .all the users in this office want to connect to internet but according to traffic ,they can swith between lines.

Hi Ladan,

If you want to load balance according to type of traffic the best will be to configure Policy Base Routing (PBR).

In PBR you can define access list which can classify the traffic on base of source and destination ip and also on port numbers i.e type of traffic and you can specify the exit interface as per different access list in that policy.

Apply that service policy on in lan intercace from where user will be hitting the router.

Check this link

http://www.ictp.trieste.it/~manuals/cisco/ios121/121cgcr/qos_c/qcprt1/qcdpbr.htm

HTH

Ankur

ikizoo4
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

First of all, it very depends on network topology, so i assume that all 3 line is connect to single router and single domain.

Second, every routing protocol provide load balancing up to 4 lines by default, but the way of implimentation is different.

For example.

for OSPF, using ip ospf cost on the each interfaces with same cost, can deploy load sharing.

for EIGRP, using variance 4 under router eigrp xx command, you can acheive this load sharing.

If those line is connecte to different domain. then could you post more detail topology and BGP configuration?

thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card