cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How do i set up an ip to have direct accessibility?

alexsampsel
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 2811. I have all my servers set up with NAT. They seem to work great. The issue I have now is that I have a hvac controller set up in the office that needs to be connected to from remote location. It gets connected to directly via proprietary software. How would i go about setting this up via sdm?

4 Replies 4

Kerem Gursu
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Alex,

If your application that is supposed to be connected to your LAN needs direct reachability to the end nodes or it uses L2 protocols , you can try bridging your LAN and the remote office LAN.

HTH,

Kerem

thank you for you response kerem. This ip needs to be directly reachable from several locations across the world. The object is in my office lan, and needs to be accessed from anywhere outside our lan.

If your application that is supposed to be connected to your LAN needs direct reachability to the end nodes or it uses L2 protocols , you can try bridging your LAN and the remote office LAN.

Incorrect. First, there are virtually no IP applications requiring that. Second, "bridging" as you say, is neither easy, nor recommended.

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You need to know the UDP and TCP ports usde by device, and configure NAT accordingly.

Also, you should not use SDM as it produces unrealuible and confusing results.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco