cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

how to activate Cisco Broadband license on ASR1001

kashalo84
Level 1
Level 1

Am trying to activate our broadband license on Cisco ASR 1001 with asr1001-universal.03.07.00.S.152-4.S.bin but i didn't find how to activate it  and i have serached all internet for hints but no luck would please help to activate the license.

Thanks in advance

5 Replies 5

Bilal Nawaz
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios-xml/ios/csa/configuration/xe-3s/csa-cfg-sw-activation.html

Please rate useful posts & remember to mark any solved questions as answered. Thank you.

Please rate useful posts & remember to mark any solved questions as answered. Thank you.

Dear Bilal

thanks for your replay but i have installed the license and when i enter the show license command i got the following status

Router#sh license feature

Feature name             Enforcement  Evaluation  Subscription   Enabled  RightToUse

adventerprise                      yes          yes              no                no          yes       

advipservices                      yes          yes              no               yes          yes       

ipbase                                no           no                no               no             no        

avc                                     no           no                no               no             no        

broadband                           no           no                no               no             no        

broadband_4k                      no           no                no               no             no        

and as you can the broadband license is installed but is not enabled and also when i enter the command show license

Router#sh license

Index 1 Feature: adventerprise                 

Period left: 8  weeks 3  days

License Type: EvalRightToUse

License State: Active, Not in Use, EULA accepted

License Count: Non-Counted

License Priority: Low

Index 2 Feature: advipservices                 

Period left: Life time

License Type: Permanent

License State: Active, In Use

License Priority: Medium

Index 3 Feature: ipbase                        

Index 4 Feature: avc                           

Index 5 Feature: broadband                     

License State: Active, Not in Use

Index 6 Feature: broadband_4k                  

License State: Active, Not in Use

License Count: 1/0/0  (Active/In-use/Violation)

and also it show that the license is active but not in use and i wonder how can i enable it.

Thanks again

Did you figure this out? I'm in exactly the same boat.

Hi 

Ironically we have the same question now again 4 years later, have you solved this ? 

We have an client that is using its box as a L2TP server with over 2000 sessions but the feature will not show "In Use" 

StoreIndex: 3  Feature: broadband_4k                      Version: 1.0
License Type: Permanent
License State: Active, Not in Use
License Count: 4/0/0  (Active/In-use/Violation)
StoreIndex: 4  Feature: broadband                         Version: 1.0
License Type: Permanent
License State: Active, Not in Use

Thanks in advance, 

Ironically, four years later I have exactly the same problem: broadband_4k Active/Not-in-use.

Please help

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: