cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to assign ipv6 addresse to the 3560 series switch interface in packet tracer

mosullivan07
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am using Packet Tracer 6.0 and I am trying to get ipv6 working throughout my network. I have no trouble getting ipv6 working on routers,

but I have a pc linked to a 3560 series switch and this then linked to a router. Is there a way I can enable ipv6 addresses on a 3560 series switch ports like say fa0/24, not loopbacks, in packet tracer because even though I have 'ipv6 unicast-routing' enabled I cannot assign ipv6 addresses to the interfaces, is it possible? Currently the router cannot communicate with the switch through ipv6 or pc with the switch. I know about the SDM option but this is not available in packet tracer. I am using Rip as my ipv6 routing process, this works between all routers, but no entries in my layer 3 switch for the database option and also the pc cannot ping the switch using an ipv6 address I have set up on the switch through vlan2. Any ideas? Cheers.

0 Replies 0
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card