Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

How to assign ipv6 addresse to the 3560 series switch interface in packet tracer

Hi,

I am using Packet Tracer 6.0 and I am trying to get ipv6 working throughout my network. I have no trouble getting ipv6 working on routers,

but I have a pc linked to a 3560 series switch and this then linked to a router. Is there a way I can enable ipv6 addresses on a 3560 series switch ports like say fa0/24, not loopbacks, in packet tracer because even though I have 'ipv6 unicast-routing' enabled I cannot assign ipv6 addresses to the interfaces, is it possible? Currently the router cannot communicate with the switch through ipv6 or pc with the switch. I know about the SDM option but this is not available in packet tracer. I am using Rip as my ipv6 routing process, this works between all routers, but no entries in my layer 3 switch for the database option and also the pc cannot ping the switch using an ipv6 address I have set up on the switch through vlan2. Any ideas? Cheers.

• WAN Routing and Switching
Views
Helpful
Replies