Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

How to backup and restore a config file with pre-shared key encryption

Hi,

I am Ashley and I have used encryption aes for pre-shared key encryption and it works fine.

My question relates to restore of the saved configuration of the router (assuming failed  onto another router. How do I proceed?

I have got the original router configuration in txt format, the master key password.

I want to copy the content of the config file and paste into the console of the spare router. I have Can this be done?

Do I simply configure the Master Key and paste configuration onto the spare router and this enable the same encrypted pre-shared key.

Thanks again,

Ashley

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

How to backup and restore a config file with pre-shared key encr

Hello Ashley,

Yes, that is the way it should work.Once you configure the master key correctly on the new router, the Type 6 encrypted password should become usable for the router again. Try it out.

Best regards,

Peter

2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Hello Ashley,

Yes, that is the way it should work.Once you configure the master key correctly on the new router, the Type 6 encrypted password should become usable for the router again. Try it out.

Best regards,

Peter

Wonderful

Thx Peter.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content