Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

How to check T1 is working properly ?

Hello every one,

I am using three T1 lines... frequently i m gettting error on lines ...because it is found that these lines are jumping...means getting down once in a day and this is affecting overall our company website (all online transaction...)

can any one plz tell me how can i know that problem occured during day time on this T1..how to set up this thing on router.is there any way to log information on router so one can know that T1 is having problem.......

i am using Tasman router 1004 series..

Thanks in advance for yr time and valuable reply.

Thanks,

Bharat.

2 REPLIES

Re: How to check T1 is working properly ?

Setup NTP on the router to get accurate time results on when the lines flap. Aside from this just setup buffered logging. I'm not familiar with the tasman 1004 but if it is feeding 3 T1s it should have this generic capabilities. If possible check your T1 controller stats and look for slips, es's, severe es's, etc. A syslog server may even be a better option so that you don't have to keep logging into the router to check the buffer.

Re: How to check T1 is working properly ?

Hi Bharat

I have few sugesstion in this..

1) Test your PSTN T1 with your local provider

2) Check the any type of slip error on this T1

3) Done bert testing with your provder and try to get from where side you recive the error

I guess this should be give some help to troubleshoot.

Regards

Pawan Rajput

+9891882526

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content