Helpful
Replies

How to check the inside nat global and outside nat global

csaravanan
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I inherited the router from my previous admin. I have two questions

* I see ip nat outside on my fast ethernet interface(inside network) and ip nat inside on my serial interface (isp network)

My question is where do I find the range for these addresses. i.e. what is my inside nat address range and where is my outside nat address range

2. My ISP has given two class c subnet address to us. Where would I see them in the router configuration.

Thanks,

Chandru

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The first line means you have a pool with only one public IP (66.250.38.8) for every internal device.

The second line means you are translating your inside network by using ACL 102 and also performing PAT (overload) by using the public IP from above.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Edison Ortiz
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Chandru,

You have it backwards, the inside nat should be in the fastethernet interface while the outside nat should be in the serial.

The range should be in the ip nat source statement if there is any. If there isn't any, you should contact the ISP for your allowed range.

As for the class C IP assignment, it's allocated by the ISP headend towards your network. Your router won't have that information. You can use the block as you wish (for servers, NAT, DMZ, etc).

Hello,

I found this in my running configuration, so what exactly does this mean

ip nat pool test 66.250.38.8 66.250.38.8 prefix-length 24

ip nat inside source list 102 pool test overload

The first line means you have a pool with only one public IP (66.250.38.8) for every internal device.

The second line means you are translating your inside network by using ACL 102 and also performing PAT (overload) by using the public IP from above.

Thanks Edision, your answers provided solution for my question

There is no way other than calling ISP for the address allocated.

Thanks,

Chandru

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card