cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to configure 2 NATs with access-list based on destination port

tassiliopoulos
Level 1
Level 1

Is it possible to configure 2 NATs and have them used based on the destination port of the packets?

I'm currently trying to do this with a Cisco 881.

I can see that I can create 2 access-lists based on source and destination IP, but there is no option for source or destination port:

access-list 1 permit 192.168.2.0 0.0.0.255

• If not possible with the 881, is this possible with the ASA 5505?
  • If that's the case, can the ASA 5505 be configured as one half of a site-to-site VPN with the other side a Cisco 881?

To explain further, we currently have 2 WAN connections:

• Expensive fiber connection for mission-critical apps (web hosting, mail, accessing customer sites)
  • Cheap DSL connection for web browsing (HTTP+HTTPS)

We're using a Linux machine to route based on destination port. Anything for HTTP or HTTPS goes via the cheap DSL connection and everything else goes via the fiber connection.

3 Replies 3

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

Can you post out a detailed diagram of your requirement with dummy ip schema attached to it?

regds

I'm attaching a diagram showing everything I'm trying to achieve.

I've also included the second network (on the right) that needs a site-to-site VPN between the two routers.

What I need to know at this point if all this is possible and what devices are best before I actually purchase anything.

Thanks very much

milan.kulik
Level 10
Level 10

Hi,

not sure if I've got your point, but wouldn't using an extended ACL instead of a standard ACL help?

BR,

Milan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card