cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

how to configure 3620 router to redirect public port 8080 to inside local port 80?

robodell100
Level 1
Level 1

I manage a small net work on a boat.

We use a router to manage the internet connection via different interfaces. eg Satellite Internet on fa0/1, Landbased Wi-fi fa1/0 etc. The boat's network is split into 3 VLANS.

We have a new peice of equipment onboard that monitors enginroom machinary. It has a static IP address and is connected to VLAN2.

I need to configure port forwarding so that this equipment can be accessed from ther internet for monitoring purposes...the public port being 8080 and the local being 80.

I have already been kicked off twice by the router for incorrect commands, and would appreciate some detailed command lines to fix the problem.

I attach the show run configuration.

Thanks in advance

1 Reply 1

syed.raza
Level 1
Level 1

Dear,

below will bind internet ip port 8080 to device ip port 80. so everything that come to 8080 on the internet will be passed to device ip on port 80.

ip nat inside source static tcp [device ip] 80 [internet ip] 8080

Hope this helps.

Regards

Syed

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card