cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to configure Loadbalancing in Lan Server with Router 1841?

rechard_hk
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

I would like to ask you some question that i wat to do loadbalancing in my lan server, let me tell you more on this!!

In my local i have 2 server and connect to switch(L2) and the switch connected to router 1841 on port F0/1 , and port F0/0 connect to Internet.

so from client outside(1000user) connect to inside(both server) so i want to loadbalancing 500 user (outside) connect to my server 1 and 500 connect to my server2 !

How can i do on this?

Best Regards,

Rechard

3 Replies 3

Difan Zhao
Level 5
Level 5

I'm not sure how to use the 1841 to achieve this but in my company I use DNS. You nat the two servers to two public IPs on the router and you have both IPs in your DNS record. Since the DNS server will rotate the A record your clients will randomly get different IPs. Then it will achieve load-balancing.

Dear Sir,

Thanks you for you help!!!

Could you let me know simple configuration on this?

Best Regards,

Rechard

There are really not too much you need to put on the router except the NATing. Let's say that you servers have ip 192.168.1.1 and 192.168.1.2 and they will be NATed to 1.1.1.1 and 1.1.1.2. So on your router you should have these two commands:

ip nat inside source static 192.168.1.1 1.1.1.1
ip nat inside source static 192.168.1.2 1.1.1.2

Of course also permit the traffic on your ACL.

Then you just have to go talk to whoever manages your DNS record and say: hey can you create record for www.rechard.hk to 1.1.1.1 and 1.1.1.2 and you are done.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card