Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

how to devide the network into two ASs using OSPF

hi paresh,

suppose I have one Intranet, I want to make it two autonomous systems using OSPF. how to do this?

Regards

skrao

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Purple

Re: how to devide the network into two ASs using OSPF

Hi,

I'll give you an example of how you could do this:

AS1 ---- R1 --- AS2

Now let's say router R1 sits between the two ASs. You would configure 2 OSPF processes on that router. OSPF process 1 would run on the interface to AS1 but not the interface to AS2. OSPF process 2 would run on the interface to AS2 but not the interface to AS1.

If you wanted to share routes between the two ASs, you would redistribute OSPF process 1 into process 2 and process2 into process1.

Pls do remember to rate posts.

Paresh

1 REPLY
Purple

Re: how to devide the network into two ASs using OSPF

Hi,

I'll give you an example of how you could do this:

AS1 ---- R1 --- AS2

Now let's say router R1 sits between the two ASs. You would configure 2 OSPF processes on that router. OSPF process 1 would run on the interface to AS1 but not the interface to AS2. OSPF process 2 would run on the interface to AS2 but not the interface to AS1.

If you wanted to share routes between the two ASs, you would redistribute OSPF process 1 into process 2 and process2 into process1.

Pls do remember to rate posts.

Paresh

Views
Helpful
Replies