cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to find out EOL for 3750, 2800, 3845, etc

news2010a
Level 3
Level 3

Folks, I go to the Cisco website, I type "EOL" or "EOS" and I see the EOL policy webiste outlining products which are already about to go EOL or are already EOS, EOl, etc.

What is the best way to find out when products such as 3750, 2800, 3845 (which are not currently EOL) will go EOL and EOS in the future? I did a search on 3750 EOL and did not see any meaningful information.

6 Replies 6

paul.matthews
Level 5
Level 5

If EoL has not been announced, then there is no way to find out from CCO - it will only be published when announced. To find out in advance, get to know your accouint team if you have one - you may get a heads up that way.

Hi,

Paul has mentioned very correctly. Your Cisco representative should be able to help you out with this.

-> Sushil

Cisco should say on the documentation when the product was first released, as generally speaking you get 5 years of sale and then another 5 years support after eos

rgodden,

why cisco should say anything about EOL when first released ? No car manufacturer, electronic equipment, or any other industry does like that.

Technology can differ, public acceptance can differ, competition can make a difference.

5 years is a reasonable average, but certain products lasted almost 10 yrs, some other were discontinued after 2. So cisco should not and can not pre-announce EOL before the due date.

Beside, if you're in the industry, you kind of know all the time what's in the pipe next.

Unfortunately it does not work like that. There are many factors that will influence the actual EOL. If it turnsout that there is a major flaw in a product, it will be brought forwards significantly, but the two main factors are the availability of a replacement product, and market demand. If people are still buying by the truckload, Cisco will keep selling. If the replacement is significantly better EOL may happen sooner. Ciscomay have an idea os the life of a product on release, but things can happen that will change that.

rgodden,

As pointed earlier under normal scenario it might not be a good idea/feasible to publish these dates.

Who knows Cisco might have this information avaialble internally. Why don't you give it a try to contact your cisco representative adn you might get the info you are looking for.

-> Sushil

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card