Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

How to limit the bandwidth on Cisco 3845 Router

Hi guys,

I'm planning to limit the bandwidth from Cisco 3845 Router (c3845-adventerprisek9-mz.151-4.M7.bin) 

find the attachment for topology..

I have 5 MB internet link connected on Cisco 3845 router f0/0 . router f0/1 is connected to LAN switch 3560G. (192.168.11.0/24).

2 Access point and ip phones is connected to switch.

my issue is that,

I want to assign 4 MB bandwidth to one access point and 1 MB to second access point and ip phones .

Please help me....

thanks

2 REPLIES

Please provide more

Please provide more information like R1 current configuration (Interested in NAT and routing configuration), also the subnets assigned for access points and IP phone's (Assume all are on private range).

How do you want to separate them, here you have two choices - IP based or service specific. If you do IP based CBWFQ 4 MB will be allocated to two access points and IP phones as per your requirement however remain 1 MB will assigned to default class which will be utilized by traffic do not match to first two classes created for access points and IP phones. You also can configure CAR on outbound interface which support IP based bandwidth reservation.

If you choose service specific then you will reserve the bandwidth for particular service and not to individual access points or IP phones. You will need to list down all services used on internet by your organization.

Third option you can reserve bandwidth in combination of above both with match all or match any statement, example IP and service any matching traffic treated as per set policy. In match all case IP address with specific service will be prioritized or reserved bandwidth will be allocated. Rest traffic from same and different (if any) IP pools will be move to default class which will have remained 1 MB bandwidth allocated.

Happy to help

Hi,Create an access-list -

Hi,

Create an access-list - Allow your Access point IP 192.168.11.x in which you want 4 MBPS restriction

create a class map

Match Access-group with the ACl number

Create a policy map -

Add class map

use the police command

police 4000000 750000 conform-action transmit exceed-action drop

On f0/1 interface - service policy (policy-map name) out

This will restrict access point ip to 4mbps & allow rest of the ips to use 1 mbps.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content